Our high quality chain mesh sling is 5 chain width and has capacities of 14,000 lbs. in vertical hitch and 28,000 in a basket hitch. Total 5' 11" long. Triangle hardware at each end.
Chain Mesh Slings are made with Grade 100 alloy chain and alloy steel end fittings. The most common hardware used is the triangle and choker configuration. We can custom-make your chain mesh sling with alternate end fittings upon your request.
Following are some of the features of the chain mesh slings:
- Excellent for hot and abrasive loads.
- Proof-tested and certified.
- Permanently stamped with capacity and serial number.
- Chain mesh molds to load for greater balance.
- End fittings accommodate most crane hooks.
- High quality Grade 100 chain and components.
CARE AND USAGE:
Before inspecting and using your sling, clean the chain so that defects can be easily seen. When chain slings are in storage, they should be oiled to prevent corrosion and hung so that chains do not knot or twist together. Additionally, avoid using acid solutions and heat which can alter its molecular structure and strength.
- Slings should be hitched so that they control the load.
- All sharp edges in contact with the sling should have padded material of sufficient strength to protect the sling.
- Alert personnel to possible snagging of sling.
- The sling should not be constricted or pinched by the load, hook, or any fitting.
- Make sure the load applied to the hook is centered in the base of the hook.
- Do not rest loads on the sling.
- Do not pull a sling from under a load when the load is resting on the sling.
- Do not allow shock loading.
- Always avoid twisting and kinking the mesh chain sling
For more information, contact our Sales Specialists at email@example.com or call 800-242-3477.