Non-destructive testing (NDT) is used to evaluate the material and components of a product without causing damage.
Types of nondestructive testing WiscoLift provides are:
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Dye Penetrant
- Load Testing
Magnetic Particle Testing
Once the component is magnetized, iron particles are applied to the surface. The particles will cluster at any leakage field forming a visible indication of a cracked surface. This cluster is much easier to see than the crack which is the basis of the testing procedure.
Dye penetrant inspection (DPI) is also called liquid penetrant inspection (LPI) and is used to locate surface defects in non-porous materials such as metals or plastics. After the dye is blotted off, an ultraviolet light is
used to inspect the area for visible dye indicating a crack is on the surface.
WiscoLift is equipped with a 200,000 lb. horizontal test bed and 12,000 lb. vertical test stand which is calibrated annually and fully ASTM-4 compliant.
To load test large jib, bridge and gantry cranes, WiscoLift uses water weights because they provide a safe and cost effective means of testing lifting equipment.
Because fluid is applied gradually, any equipment problems will be identified before they maximum load is reached.Lifting Equipment We Test:
- Permanent Lifting Magnets
- On-site testing of magnets up to 3 ton
- Spring Cam Plate Clamps/Beam Clamps
- On-site testing of clamps up to 3 ton
- Testing at WiscoLift for clamps over 3 ton
- Pierce-designed and built lifting devices
- Testing at WiscoLift only
- Jack Stands and Floor Jacks
- On-site testing up to 8 ton
- Testing at WiscoLift over 8 ton
- Snatch Blocks
- Jib, Bridge & Gantry Cranes
- Spreader Beams
- Sheet Lifters
- Coil Upenders
- Forklift Forks
- Load Hooks
- Lever Pullers
Need a test break for an entire run of production slings to test capacity? WiscoLift can provide data for destructive testing to ensure lifting compliance for slings and welded assemblies.
Advantages of WiscoLift Testing
- Our equipment is calibrated annually for ASTM-4 compliance.
- Most companies that repair equipment DO NOT test it. Rest assured that your equipment will ALWAYS be in working order.
- We offer discounted pricing for quantities.
- Our Service Technicians will pick up/drop off your equipment and have it tested at our facility.
- Each tested item receives a certificate.
- We provide yield/load testing on an unrated device (in-house only) so you are OSHA compliant.